You can apply for a Seasonal Worker visa to come to the UK to work in horticulture for up to 6 months – (for example, picking fruit and vegetables or flowers).  You can no longer apply to do poultry work, ‘pork butchery’ or to drive a heavy goods vehicle to transport food.

This visa has replaced the Temporary Worker - Seasonal Worker visa (T5).

You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.  You can enter the UK as soon as your visa is valid (up to 14 days before the start date of your job).

You can:

  • work in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • study (for some courses however you will need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme Certificate).

You cannot:

  • take a permanent job
  • work in a second job or a job that isn’t described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • get public funds
  • bring family members with you

You must be 18 or over when you apply and have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor and have enough money to support yourself in the UK - you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt).  Your sponsor will give you your certificate of sponsorship reference number.

For further information please call 0207 654 3797 or email