You can apply for a visa to visit the UK with your employer if you:-
- live outside the UK;
- are a domestic worker in a private household;
- have worked for your employer for at least one year;
- meet the other eligibility requirements.
Domestic workers include:-
- those providing personal care for the employer and their family;
You can use this visa to visit the UK with your employer for up to 6 months. You must return home at the end of the 6 months. You cannot extend an Overseas Domestic Worker visa
- travel abroad and return to the UK to complete your stay;
- change employers to another job as a domestic worker in a private household - only if you do not stay longer than the 6 months.
- work except as a domestic worker in a private household;
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits;
- have access to public funds.
You must prove that you:-
- are 19 or older;
- have worked for your employer for at least 1 year;
- work in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly;
- plan to travel to the UK with your employer, their partner or children;
- intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household your employer will live in;
- plan to leave the UK at the end of 6 months;
- are able to support yourself in the UK without the need for public funds.
Your employer must be either a:-
- British citizen who usually lives outside the UK and who does not intend to remain in the UK for more than 6 months;
- foreign citizen who is coming to the UK on a visit and who does not intend to remain for more than 6 months
Your employer must also pay you at least the national minimum wage.
For further information please call 0207 654 3797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.