The religious worker category is for people coming to the UK to work temporarily as a religious worker. Religious workers can undertake preaching, pastoral work and non-pastoral work; work in the UK in the same way you are working in an overseas organisation (although your duties in the UK may be different). The job should be done during a break from your job overseas; or work in a religious order with community which involves a permanent commitment like a monastery or convent. The work in a religious order must be in the order itself or outside work directed by the order. You can apply if you are a novice whose training means taking part in the daily community life of the order.

You must have a sponsor and a valid certificate of sponsorship and switching is not allowed in or out of the religious worker category.

For further information please call 0207 654 3797 or emailĀ