News and communications from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)

08 December 2019

Latest News

Biometric Residence Permits to be introduced to visa applicants from abroad from March 2015 The Home Office has announced that United Kingdom entry clearance visas or entry clearance vignettes are soon...
The Migration Advisory Committte ("MAC") was commissioned by the Government in June 2015 to advise on changes to Tier 2 of the Points Based System and on 19 January 2016 MAC published its...
Changes to the Prevention of Illegal working checks announced Following a recent consultation on the prevention of illegal working, the Home Office has recently released a "Code of practice on...
More inNews  

Tier 5 (Religious Workers)

Tier 5 (Religious Workers)

The religious worker category is for people coming to the UK to work temporarily as a religious worker.  Religious workers can undertake preaching, pastoral work and non-pastoral work; work in the UK in the same way you are working in an overseas organisation (although your duties in the UK may be different). The job should be done during a break from your job overseas; or work in a religious order with community which involves a permanent commitment like a monastery or convent. The work in a religious order must be in the order itself or outside work directed by the order. You can apply if you are a novice whose training means taking part in the daily community life of the order.

You must have a sponsor and a valid certificate of sponsorship and switching is not allowed in or out of the religious worker category.